Here I am in my local paper. I was so happy to be included in the event and so enjoyed the day, chatting to people and helping to sign up many to the NHS Organ Donation Register. But.....shock...horror...how huge I am!
So I have been racking my brains to remember all the advice I have been given in the past to help me loose weight and here's what I remember:-
- Plan ahead
- Make gallons of veggie soup
- Plan each day's meals beginning with 5 portions of veggies and 2 portions of fruit
- Look up portion sizes and measure everything for the first couple of days and then once a week so portion sizes don't sneakily increase '
it's not the portion size that increased, it must have been the spoons..honest'
- Have around 400kcal/meal
but, sadly, only 3 meals a day. Can people really survive on that?
- If you're still really starving later in the evening
God, yes I am...have a bowl of packet porridge but put it off for half an hour, when the time's up try to put it off a little longer.
- If a meal is missed, it's gone
can't have double for the next meal...
- Drink plenty during the day
apparently, not alcohol. Strange?
- Try to keep busy or distracted during your 'stuffing your face with abandon' time
not allowed to keep busy by cooking chips or the like
- Clean teeth when wanting to eat extra
but I've just got used to the mixture of toothpaste and cheese..
- Don't buy unhealthy food or food that you know will start a binge. It's not good for you or your family
and you can't pretend it's for the children/friends/pets/passing burglars..
- Aim to walk 10,000 steps a day
but not to the sweetie shopIncrease the number of paces until this number is achieved do not attach pedometer to dog..
- Try to make your belly button touch your spine to ensure correct walking posture
- Lengthen your stride to ensure hips are engaged
all of them..
But, always treat yourself with love and respect.