Thursday 26 June 2014

I found my quilt on Pinterest!!!!

First, excuses excuses excuses!


I'm finally over nasty infections in my new kidney, problems with Blogger and inaccessible InterNOT, so I no longer have any excuses for not getting some posting done, at last!  I think when they put that new kidney in, some of my mojo slide out.  It's been gone for a long time but, it's finally slinked home thanks to all the lovely ladies and their interesting blocks in the Siblings Together Bee 2!  More to come about SB2.........







I can't quite believe that I found one of my quilts on Pinterest!  Amazing! And, on quite a few boards!  The blog it came from said that the centre had been painted.....oh, no it wasn't!   It was painstakingly and never again, pieced!  



This is the original Dear Jane quilt






The blocks are from the Dear Jane book but I altered the size to give it a bit of a 3-D effect and the background is the Confederate Flag (of the time when the original quilt was made).  It's all hand pieced and a never-to-be-repeated project!



I was way too lazy to make the borders, too........





No comments:

Post a Comment